Thursday, December 10, 2009

Buddha Lounge Tribute to the Beatles

Generally I loathe those Buddha Lounge Albums, but this is sinking to new lows. Without a doubt the worst Album I've heard this year. Has nothing to do with Buddhism or Music. However it is an excellent meditation on patience.

Buddha Lounge Tribute to the Beatles
I love Beatle cover tunes and have a huge collection and this is definitely bottom of the barrel. The ingredients are synthesizer, an electronic drum track, and occasional use of tabla and sitar. In the background on a couple of tracks is a siren. I kid you not. I was listening this in the car and kept checking the rear view mirror. This sounds like a mash up of Lord Sitar and the Hollyridge Strings. That sounds better than it is, Both Lord Sitar and the Hollyridge Strings are enjoyable. This disc is not.

Megaupload

No comments:

Post a Comment