Sunday, June 1, 2008

Arukihenro - Walking Pilgrims (2006)


Arukihenro - Walking Pilgrims (2006)
For a great number of people the main motive for undertaking a pilgrimage consists in the journey itself - wandering along a path leading away from the familiar place and at the same time leading towards oneself. This constant quest and the continuous enhancement of the daily experience, in whatsoever form, seem to be a central need of each human being. The road movie and documentary film"Arukihenro" focuses on this need in relation to the lives of today's Japanese wandering pilgrims. It shows their motives, aims and desires on a very personal level along the 88 Temples' Pilgrimage that circles the Japanese island of Shikoku. Directed by anthropologist Tommi Mendel, the film was shown at festivals throughout 2007 in France, Estonia, Norway, UK, Brazil, Serbia and Slovenia. Japanese with Hard English Subs.
BTjunkie

5 comments:

  1. Great resource site! Many, many thanks for posting all these wonderful links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have watched the documentary - this one is a great one! Makes me want to do the 88 temples pilgrimage myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this link .

    The documentary has been made really well, its as if you are taking the journey.

    I would love to do such a walking pilgrimage in my country(india) or japan someday..

    thanks again!
    anu

    ReplyDelete
  4. please seed. I am trying to download it now and it has only one seeder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the documentary and I liked it very much. I am now seeding it myself. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete