Five Classic Meditations - Shinzen Young
Meditation offers many benefits: increased self-discipline and concentration, new spiritual insights, compassion for other living beings. But there are so many forms of meditation, choosing one can be stressful! Examine 5 different meditations - Mantra, Vipassana, Loving Kindness, Karma Yoga, and Kabbalah - and decide which works best for you. Shinzen Young is an ordained Buddhist monk who's spent a lifetime studying Eastern cultures and is now the director of the Community Meditation Center of Los Angeles.
• Mantra Meditation: A powerful way to calm the mind and body
• Vipassana Meditation: The ancient Buddhist path to developing new wisdom, insight, and understanding
• Loving Kindness Meditation: A way to live every moment of your life with more joy, warmth, intimacy, and connectedness
• Karma Yoga Meditation: A spiritual exercise to make your daily work a meditation practice
• Kabbalah Meditation: A path to understanding, accepting, and integrating into your life the forces of creation that flow in and around you